This resource lists programs or advice around how to evaluate employer commitment/support to hiring students of color.
Does the Employer Value Diversity?
- Check the employer’s website for their diversity mission or policy.
- Does the company / employer have Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or resources to support underrepresented employees?
Resources for Students of Color
- The NAAAP is a non-profit organization that cultivates and empowers Asian and Pacific Islander leaders through professional development, community service, and networking. It offers a diverse range of professional development programs including a career center and job board.
- National Council of Asian Pacific Americans – A directory of links to Asian Pacific American organizations, many with career sites of their own. The links also include website and contact information for networking and internship and job search purposes.
- African American Professional Associations – Compilation of links to the leading African American professional associations, many with career and job sites of their own, collected by Monster.
- National Urban League Job Network – The Urban League Job Network is backed by the National Urban League and is dedicated to helping diverse students find employment opportunities.
- Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities – A compilation of internship and job boards sponsored by the association, which represents more than 400 colleges and universities committed to Hispanic higher education success in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Latin America, and Spain.
- Latino Careers – Job board sponsored by LATCareers.com
- National Congress of American Indians – A list of job opportunities submitted by employers that are American Indian, Native Hawaiian or Alaska Native businesses, governments, or organizations. It also includes opportunities submitted by organizations seeking Native American applicants.
- IMDiversity.com — IMDiversity.com is a career and self-development site devoted to serving the cultural and career-related needs of all minorities.
- INSIGHT Into Diversity — One of the most recognized resources for equal opportunity employers who are seeking to add diverse, qualified candidates to their workforce. Job postings include positions in academia, business, healthcare, and the government.
- Institute for Broadening Participation — A directory of links to programs designed to increase diversity in the science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) workforce. The programs include internship, job, scholarship and fellowship opportunities. The institute is an independent, open source non-profit and provides resources to faculty and students by means of an infrastructure unfettered by institutional or disciplinary barriers.