Utilizing student advisor’s programs to assist with advocacy of career services has become increasingly popular within career centers at various institutions across the country. This student group will be trained in career services and will be responsible for a variety of tasks, including presenting workshops, peer-to-peer support, and volunteering at career-related events. The Career Center relies heavily on the assistance of the students at career events. The program will benefit students by providing a unique involvement and professional development opportunity for the student advisors.
What does the Student Advisory Board Do?
- Market and promote Career Center events and services
- Volunteer at career fairs
- Participate in outreach activities (tabling’s, presentations)
- Assist with employer and student outreach
- Serve as a liaison to students and the Georgia Tech Career Center
- Serve on Career Center committees (diversity and inclusion, marketing, etc.)
Why Be a Student Advisor?
- Network with students, employers and staff
- Enhance your resume and boost your professional presence
- Share valuable resources with your peers
- Develop leadership skills
- Volunteer 20+ hours each semester
Applications and Requirements
Fill Out Our Application Survey HERE
Student Advisory Board Information Sessions
- Friday, September 30, 2022 (10:00am – 11:00am EST)
- Friday, October 7, 2022 (10:00am – 11:00am EST)
- Friday, October 14, 2022 (10:00am – 11:00am EST)
- Friday, October 28, 2022 (10:00am – 11:00am EST)