Congratulations! You’ve gotten a co-op or internship offer! What is the next step?
Carefully consider any offers you receive prior to accepting one. Once you accept an offer in any way, including verbally, the Career Center will expect you to honor your commitment. If you need more information before accepting, ask the employer further questions and talk over the offer with your career development advisor. Be aware of deadlines that employers may give you for accepting an offer. You will need a written offer letter from the company prior to registering your co-op or internship with Georgia Tech.
Steps to register your co-op or internship:
- Complete the Experiential Learning Application (if already completed, please follow directions in Step 2.)
- Login to CareerBuzz
- From the menu on the left side of the Home page select “Resources”
- Under “My Quicklinks” select “SET APPLICANT TYPE/Submit Experiential Learning Application“
- Once your Experiential Learning application is approved, please follow the directions in Step 2 (allow 24 hours for approval).
- Enter placement info in CareerBuzz:
- Login to CareerBuzz
- From the menu on the left side of the Home page select “Experiential Learning”
- Click on “Add New”
- Watch the embedded Experiential Learning video
- Complete the placement form available after you watch the video and then Submit
- Attach to completed placement form:
- Offer letter – Must include :
- start/end dates of co-op or internship,
- the total number of work hours/week
- exact address of work site
If your offer letter does not contain the information above, please request your employer to send you an email with the requested information and upload a screenshot of the email in the placement form.
- International students. Important additional information at:b.gatech.edu/2YTwZbL
Complete a new placement form before EACH semester’s work term.
- You are REQUIRED to watch the “Work Term Essentials” presentation (embedded in the Placement form in CareerBuzz) to have your placement information approved.
UPDATED – Co-op and Internship Course Registration Process:
- If you are currently registered for classes, you MUST reduce your course load in order to be automatically registered for your COOP or INTN course. The maximum number of credit hours allowed for fall or spring semester is 21 and for the summer semester the maximum is 16. We cannot add your COOP or INTN course to your schedule if in doing so your schedule will exceed the maximum number of hours for the semester. Your registration will NOT be processed until you have reduced your course load. Please communicate with your Career Center advisor to discuss your options if you have any questions.
- Students approved for internships and co-op courses (for audit hours) through the Career Center will be automatically registered by the Office of the Registrar based on the scheduled dates listed below:
Weekly Registration Dates:
SPRING 2024 REGISTRATION
Students whose Placement forms have been approved will be enrolled in the appropriate COOP/INTN audit course by Career Center Staff. Registration will begin on Monday, November 6th, 2023 and continue each Monday through the end of Spring 2024 registration (Friday, January 12th, 2024 @ 4p).
- International students will not be able to drop their registration in an CO-OP or INTN course, unless authorized by OIE
Special Instructions to cancel your Housing Contract during your work term: Remember you must be working 25 miles or more away from the Georgia Tech campus to cancel your housing contract without a penalty.
- Complete your Placement form in CareerBuzz following the instructions above
- Use the following link to complete the DocuSign request: https://bit.ly/3ebMEwu
- Once you receive the completed/approved cancellation form through DocuSign, cancel your housing through the Starrez system and upload your signed cancellation form
Timeline and Deadlines
16-Aug-2023 – Offer Letter Received by student
18-Aug-2023 – Deadline for F-1 Students to register co-op/internship
25-Aug-2023 – Deadline for domestic students to register co-op/internship
14-Aug-2023 – Earliest date F-1 students may begin work
21-Aug-2023 – Fall classes begin – first day of Fall work term
14-Dec-2023 – Last day of work for Fall 2023 Degree Candidates
05-Jan-2024 – Last day of work for Fall 2023
14-Dec-2023 – END OF FALL TERM
02-Jan-2024 – Offer Letter Received by student
05-Jan-2024 – Deadline for F-1 Students to register co-op/internship
12-Jan-2024 – Deadline for domestic students to register their Co-op/Internship
18-Dec-2023 – Earliest date F-1 Students may begin work
08-Jan-2024 – Spring classes begin – first day of Spring work term
02-May-2024 – Last day of work for Spring 2024 Degree Candidates
10-May-2024 – Last day of work for Spring 2024
02-May-2024 – END OF SPRING TERM
08-May-2024 – Offer Letter Received by student
10-May-2024 – Deadline for F-1 Students to submit their Co-op/Internship placement form
17-May-2024 – Deadline for domestic students to submit their Co-op/Internship placement form
06-May-2024 – Earliest date F-1 Students may begin work
13-May-2024 – Summer classes begin – first day of Summer work term
01-Aug-2024 – Last day of work for Summer 2024 Degree Candidates
16-Aug-2024 – Last day of work for Summer 2024
01-Aug-2024 – END OF SUMMER TERM