Become a Career Peer Advisor!
Career Peer Advisors serve as student advisors to Georgia Tech students in individual advising sessions, workshops, drop-in hours, etc. With other Career Center responsibilities, this is a great opportunity for students who want to learn more about career advising and coaching, while also serving as a resource for their peers, and building their own professional development skills.
Career Peer Advisors
- Must be able to commit to at least two full, consecutive semesters.
- Must be in good academic standing with the university
- Be a currently enrolled Georgia Tech student (international students are eligible) and be completing an in-person bachelor’s or master’s/Ph. D degree at the Atlanta campus
- Availability to participate in a 5-hour training the week once hired (typically occurs the weel before school starts
- Must not hold other on-campus employment as a Graduate Research Assistant, Graduate Teaching Assistant, Graduate Assistant, or any other similar position (students that have 1 other student assistant position on campus are eligible to apply).
- Must have both daytime and evening availability to assist with on-campus events assistants, student appointments, etc., and be available to assist with drop-ins (Monday-Friday 2-4pm)
- Completion of a prior internship experience is preferred
What do Career Peer Advisors do?
- Provide 1:1 advising available to fellow students during the day and evening hours
- Assist staff and employers at career fairs
- Facilitate workshops over various career education topics
- Serve as a liaison to students and the Georgia Tech Career Center
- Participate in career center outreach activities
Why become a Career Peer Advisor?
- Network with employers, staff, and other students
- Share your career-related expertise with your peers
- Enhance your resume and professional presence
- Develop leadership and counseling skills
How do I apply to become a Career Peer Advisor?
The Georgia Tech Career Center hires for the position based on demand. Therefore, there is not a set time period that we hire for this position, nor is there a set number of positions each hiring cycle. To check for available positions, please visit CareerBuzz around the end of each semester and search for the position under the “Jobs” tab throughout the semester for any positions we may have posted. Additionally, you may receive emails from CareerBuzz if/when we are hiring so be on the look out!
For additional questions, please contact:
Supervisor for Undergraduate Peer Advisors
Career Development Advisor
Georgia Tech Career Center
Supervisor for Graduate Peer Advisors
Graduate Career Development Advisor
Georgia Tech Career Center