Congratulations! You’ve gotten a co-op or internship offer! What is the next step?
Carefully consider any offers you receive prior to accepting one. Once you accept an offer in any way, including verbally, the Center for Career Discovery & Development (C2D2) will expect you to honor your commitment. If you need more information before accepting, ask the employer further questions and talk over the offer with your career development advisor. Be aware of deadlines that employers may give you for accepting an offer. You will need a written offer letter from the company prior to registering your co-op or internship with Georgia Tech.
Steps to register your co-op or internship:
- Enter placement info in CareerBuzz:
- Login to CareerBuzz
- Click on "My Quicklinks" located on the right hand-side of your dashboard
- Click “Submit/Edit Co-op or Internship Placement”
- Click “Add New Experience”
- Attach to completed placement form:
- Offer letter (Must include start/end dates of co-op or internship and exact address of work site.)
- Copy of I-20 – ONLY International students (Must include employer’s information, as well as start and end date of work term). Important additional information at:b.gatech.edu/2YTwZbL
Complete a new placement form before EACH semester’s work term.
- You are REQUIRED to watch the "Work Term Essentials" presentation (embedded in the Placement form in CareerBuzz) to have your placement information approved and to obtain a permit for the INTN course.You will be issued a permit for the COOP or INTN course once you completed all the steps above.
- If your co-op or internship is away from campus, you can obtain housing cancelation form from a C2D2 advisor during drop-in hours or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Special Instructions for Co-ops or Interns with F-1 Visas
To use Optional Practical Training (OPT)* students must attend an OPT session hosted by the Office of International Education (OIE) before applying for OPT. Session information can be found at HERE.
*Turn-around time is typically up to four months for OPT. Check with OIE for exact timelines. International Students on F-1 visas may only work during the summer term and must use their OPT. International students must provide their intern advisor with a copy of their EAD Card BEFORE beginning their internship.
CPT authorization can begin prior to the start of the term and end the Friday before classes start.
All CPT requests must be submitted via iStart by C2D2 no later than 12:00pm the Friday before classes begin.