Thank you for your interest in recruiting Georgia Tech International Internship/Co-op students. Our staff is available to assist you in making your recruiting needs successful. In an effort to create a positive recruiting experience for everyone involved, we ask that you follow these guidelines.
Georgia Tech defines a co-op job OR internship as a paid, full-time position in which students work on projects that are related to their major and are important to their employer.
Co-ops/Interns must receive timely instruction and feedback from a supervisor and have a mentor-like relationship with someone in the organization who can teach them about the organization and the industry as a whole.
Work Abroad opportunities include co-op, internship, graduate, and undergraduate work experiences. Opportunities are available during summer, fall, and/or spring semesters.
Employers may recruit only for existing jobs or those which will exist by the time a candidate is available for employment. We prefer that interviews be scheduled and conducted by the organization's employees, rather than by third-party representatives, unless there is an established exclusive contract set up for you to recruit co-ops/interns for a particular company.
Our database system, CareerBuzz, is a web-based system administered by the Center for Career Discovery and Development (C2D2) to manage Georgia Tech's Cooperative Education (Co-op), Undergraduate Professional Internship (UPI), and International Internship/Co-op (Work Abroad) programs. Please go to CareerBuzz and click on the Employers link. There is a statement that you are required to accept, and, after doing so, you should complete the information for the New Employer Profile.
Your information will be submitted to our office, enabling our staff to review your information. If your profile has been accepted, you will receive an auto-generated email from us providing you with instructions on submitting your job(s). (If you are not accepted into our program, an advisor will contact you directly.) Then using the username and password you provided us, please log into your account and submit your job description(s) for review. Once your job(s) has been received and accepted, students will be able to view and apply to your announcement(s).
C2D2's Work Abroad Program will handle:
- Market internships to globally minded students
- Screen resumes for the employer
- Assistance with visa/work permit
- Global Health insurance for students (mandatory for all students)
- Predeparture cross cultural orientation
- Student mentors who have worked in the host country before
- Safety Abroad orientation
- Enroll students in a full-time class that allows them to remain a full-time Georgia Tech student
The Georgia Tech Work Abroad Program enables participating employers to:
- Assess a high-potential employee in a low cost, low-risk scenario
- Hire a co-op student or intern, reducing total hiring costs
- Gain visibility to top engineering students
- Get highly motivated students from one of the top universities in the United States
- Establish an important link and mutually beneficial relationship between their companies and Georgia Tech
- Recruit international co-op students and interns as part of a long-term employment strategy
- Work with students with a global perspective, language proficiency, and expertise in their fields
- Remain competitive in the market by hiring student interns who bring their companies innovative approaches and fresh ideas
- Invest in future leaders